Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Not my favorite thing...

Setting up the tent.

Copper at the pond.

Racing on the pier.

The tent is up!
And for some reason they think it's one of those blow-up-jumping-things.

Campfires are good.

Getting ready for bed.

We woke up to this. And cows.

Matt came with pancake mix and sausages.


Camping just isn't my cup-o-tea.

I'd never done it until six years ago to the day!! When we had Caleb as a baby we went camping for the first time in Hobble Creek Canyon in Utah. It took six years to get me to go again!

Overall we had a great time. A fast treat/getaway for the kids. I'd do it over again.

Next year maybe ;)

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

I like to camp, but I do need a good bed to be happy. Looks like a wonderful memory. And definitely staying more than one night makes it not so much work. Nice tent.

Heather said...

I have a love hate relationship camping. I love all the things you do outdoors & my kids are their best when they are outside. BUT then when it is time to sleep. I hate that part. It's hard to fall asleep, it's uncomfortable and then I am either too hot or too cold, depending on the weather. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!