Saturday, October 9, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude #1

I have a problem with not being thankful enough for my blessings.

And I have a lot of blessings. :)

So for one week I will journal what I am thankful for, in an attempt to recognize the things that shouldn't go unnoticed.

The inspiration for this came from President Monson's talk in the Sunday morning session of General Conference. You can listen to it here or see what General Conference is here.

Today I am thankful for:
I love living close to family. It's a big deal to me.

I want my kids to grow up knowing their grandparents. I didn't have that opportunity and I wonder how much I missed out on. Luckily for my kids, they have both sets of grandparents in the same town!

I'm thankful for the other family that I live close to. It's awesome that my kids get to grow up with some of their cousins. Instant best friends! It's also a blessing to me personally. I love my brothers and sisters in law like they are blood. They set great examples for me and my family.

I'm grateful to be close to family!!!

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

You don't have a problem with gratitude, but it's nice of you to share. Great picture of grandpa. And you are very lucky. My kids that lived near grandparents are the closest to them this day.