Sunday, August 31, 2008

Midnight Sun


Those who know me at all, know my complete and utter obsession with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series. If you keep up with it at all, you know she has been working on Twilight from Edward's perspective. It was titled Midnight Sun and she was planning on publishing it in the near future.

Notice the past tense verb usage there.

Apparently, someone she trusted with her unfinished manuscript, decided to post it on the internet. On her website, Stephenie comments on her feelings of this violation to her rights as an author. She also publishes the unfinished document there on her website for people to download and read. Go to stepheniemeyer.com and it's on the front page. A discouraging thing to hear is that she is so upset by this incident, she feels she may not ever finish and publish the book. For me, that's pretty heartbreaking.

I read all 264 pages and loved every second. Twilight was good, but it has nothing on this. I don't want to build it up too much, but let me just say it's my favorite by far. Even incomplete.

Seems that there are a lot of people rallying to support Stephenie. Go to this website to help show her she still has some loyal fans.

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

I'm stalking your blog. Just wanted to say howdy. Can't believe you sold your house so fast, and for a good price it sounds like. Good luck in the move. I'm still buried in boxes. Amy Jo