Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another Contract Pending...


So I guess it's really going to happen. We are moving. The title company called Friday to let us know we are set to sign the papers on our house at 10 a.m. September 5.

But, we need a place to live in Gilmer. We found a house we really liked a few weeks ago and decided it was 'the one'. The lot and exterior of the house is what really sold us. It's a little over an acre and has nice St. Augustine grass and tall pine trees everywhere. The outside of the house is brick and has cedar shingles on some of the gables and the roof.

The inside...well, that's a different story. The house was built in 1975 and it was a pretty nice house when it was built. Everything looks like it was top-of-the-line. Here we are 35 years later and nothing has really changed. The carpet and wallpaper seem to be original. The range, light fixtures, air conditioning, windows...I could go on, are all original. We knew it would be a lot of work, but felt we could make a decent profit when we decided to sell.

So we made an offer, and finalized everything Friday. Our closing date is the 25th but that leaves us with 20 days without a home. We've asked if we can rent the house from them from the 5th to the 25th and hopefully they'll agree.

It's going to be weird going back to Gilmer. I'm excited but a little hesitant at the same time. Shopping at the Gilmer Wal-Mart is not something I"m looking forward to. I am looking forward to having our family so close though. Really close. We can walk to Joe's in a matter of minutes. But, that's a good thing. I know our kids will enjoy being able to see their cousins and Grandma's and G-pa's all the time. I'll miss the friends we've made here in Hutto, but...that's life.

4 comments:

Megan said...

okay...got to your blog via facebook...just in time to see your new house, which happens to be my aunt's old house!! they lived there forever. so funny!

Taylor said...

Liz! I am so happy that everything has worked out for you and Ben. Chris and I are oddly jealous that you will all be in Gilmer without us. Hopefully we'll be nearby, or at least be able to make it down there soon to see you all!

Anonymous said...

I love the trees at your new house! I'd love to buy an acre of land someday with lots and lots of trees! It's perfect!

Ralphie said...

Liz, congratulations on the house. It looks very storybook-ish. The grounds are just beautiful!

About your question, I usually edit in Photoshop but occasionally will do some post processing in Picasa to post on my blog. I'll always let you know in the post if I did use Picasa. I do highly recommend that as a free photo editing software. Also, if you have a flickr account they have a program that is free called picnik, and I like that one even better.

Thanks for checking out the blog! We miss our summer playgroups. Those were good times!