Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is this normal?

Really. Is it normal for a two year old to sneak into the pantry and drink honey? It's a first for me.

Yesterday morning we were all outside coloring on a big piece of paper and Connor wanted to go in. I didn't think much of it. Soon he returned to the door and pressed his face against it to watch us outside. His lips looked wet but again, I didn't think much of it. As Caleb and I walked inside Connor took me to the pantry and showed me his latest discovery. Of course he didn't actually say this, but this is what it would have sounded like if he could speak properly.

"Look Mom! This stuff is good."

I wasn't sure exactly how he tasted it. I thought he may have licked the top or something. We proceeded, by me telling him to leave the honey alone and the instance was forgotten.

Until this afternoon.

Again, Caleb and I went outside and Connor stayed in. Luckily we were out for only a minute and returned to the heaven of air conditioning. I spied Connor on the step-stool in the pantry with afore mentioned honey with the cap off, pressed to his lips.

"Look Mom! It's this stuff again. Did you know you can drink it!?"

Hmm.

I guess the cute little bear of honey deserves a higher throne in the pantry from now on.

No comments: