Tuesday, January 15, 2013

December 21, 2012: Dallas Zoo & Gilmer's State Championship Game


On Saturday December 21st we headed to Dallas for the Gilmer game which began at 4. We hit the zoo before the game. None of us had been to the Dallas Zoo and it was quite nice. My favorite was watching the gorillas--it's really like watching a human in a costume! They have such human-like mannerisms, I can kind of see why people get into the evolution thing. There was a lot of climbing and posing with statues as you can see. I have to say my favorite picture of the day is the one of Caleb on that chimpanzee statue. Connor though he'd be funny and spank Caleb right as I took the picture--his expression cracked me up for a while!

The football game was a bust. We got spanked, but it was a fun experience, especially for the kids. After the game we went to Babe's Chicken and waited for an hour with 7 kids! It was definitely worth it though!

No comments: