Tuesday, September 11, 2012

To remember...

Today is a day that causes people to remember. We all know where we were when we heard about the catastrophe just as an older generation remembers where they were when they heard of JFK's assassination.

But, I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday let alone 11 years ago on a certain date. So, inspired by a pin on Pinterest, I made a journal I am determined to keep.

I took a decorative cardboard box with metal corners, sanded the rust from the corners and polyurethaned them, painted the box white, then laid doilies over the box and spray painted it. I cut scrapbook paper to 5" X 8" and stamped the date on each paper.
I record my happenings for the day, then move to the next card with the next date for the next day. Next year, I will stamp 2013 on all the cards and record a few sentences for each day. Eventually I will be able to pick a date at random and read what I did on that day for the past several years. At least that's the idea...

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

This is a beautiful idea! (and box!)

Daniel & Sarah said...

I love this Liz!! I want to do this!