Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good Answer

This quote is from a past prophet of the Mormon church, Spencer W. Kimball. I think this logic could help a lot of people.

"If all the sick for whom we pray for were healed, if all the righteous were protected and the wicked destroyed, the whole program of the Father would be annulled and the basic principle of the gospel, free agency, would be ended. No man would have to live by faith."

I know someone who doesn't seem to understand why some people have to suffer while others prosper so much. I was just struggling with this concept myself last night as I watched a show in which young boys in Africa were taken from their homes and turned into soldiers. I asked Ben how it's fair for my kids to be born here in America in a fairly affluent home with so many conveniences. This quote helps me understand that it isn't necessarily fair, but that is it necessary.

1 comment:

v said...

Great insight. Thanks for reminding me that I need to realize that He is the one who is in control. I just need to have faith.